Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm so Bored that I became a Spaniard



No, this is not referring to the fact that I am studying abroad in Spain next semester, although I will definitely be talking about that a lot in the future. No, right now, I'm talking about World War II.
No, you're not alone. He can't believe it either.
To preface this, I need to remind you that Show-off has been helping me to learn how to walk.
Because of this, remember?
Anyway, he told me the other day that I was a nazi, because I was walking with my knee straight.
I am not this bad...
He said that if I were American, I would bend my leg when I walked.
I wanted to find a picture of Americans not bending their knees, but apparently, they always did...
He also has been trying to get me to practice walking up stairs.
Without a baby, though
So, I'm assuming that, in Show-off's mind, there's a correlation between WWII nationality and stair climbing.

A Nazi would use the rail, because they're cowardly, while an American would walk step over step without the rail:

However, all of this forgets that Allies and Axis countries such as America and Germany were not the only countries around during World War II.

There was Spain.

In case you're racking your brains trying to remember what side Spain was on in WWII, they weren't. Spain was recovering from a civil war, had recently fallen under the control of Franco, and had no resources, so they didn't enter the war.

So, in honor of the country where I will be studying next semester, here is the (WWII era) Spanish way to go up or down stairs:

1. Take off leg. 
I'm not getting involved in this fight.
2. Scoot up or down the stairs. It's a lot faster.
Plus, I can't imagine Hitler ever scooting down a flight of stairs.
Bored Game Time!

Answer: Check last post. 

Question: What will happen when the question is asked?

No comments:

Post a Comment